Monday, October 20, 2008

Cristina's Visit

Its been a very tiring week out here but also very interesting. All thanks to Cristina.

Now, now... hold on to all the inquisitive thoughts... and Kin, dont be J... you know who I am talking about. Cristina is a vendor for our company. She originates from Spain and currently lives in Dubai. She was here on a 3 day trip to speak to my colleagues about all the strategies and plans she has for her products. But, with me, it was a different time all together.

I realized she is a believer in Feng Shui and got on to re-design her visiting cards and logos that will bring her steadiness in her career. She was indeed impressed. Took her along the town, to my new office... had good 'Chinese' Lunch buffet at the Main Land China. It was yummmmm....

The most interesting part was about Kinjal. I had told her about Kinjal and that I was getting married. Showed her Kinjal's pic... her first reaction was: "What do these people eat? She has such a lovely skin."

And thats when a journey back to time started. Being a non Indian, she was very excited about how an Indian wedding takes place. But guess, she never had spoken to any Indians on how they select a bride for themselves. She asked me questions on how I met her, what happened... how did it click?

Phew... sometimes it was difficult to answer her, coz it is not always possible to put in words what you really feel... but it was a good time. Went back 4 months in time, when Kinjal and me first met. We spoke, we met again... chats, a few messages... the talk was getting more interesting. I almost re-lived every moment of what happened then... and she was already thinking how exciting the wedding would be. If things work fine, she says she will be there to experience the ceremonies.

Ceremonies, and I was all trying to explain what happens in the wedding. Thanks to all the experience I have had in Bangalore with my cous' weddings, its been quite easier to explain things. Her questions and doubts really put me on to a different track... that was the only interesting talk I had since long ;)

She was here for almost 3 days and that was a good thing to me too. Sold my desings to her and also got to know about a charity event she does every year in Dubai called the Kings' Parade.

She has invited me and says she would love to see Kinjal there too. Not only that, she promised she would make me the king and Kinjal the queen if we were there to lead the Parade! ;)

Dont know if I would be there.. but just hoping to get there sometime in my life ahead.

No comments: