Sunday, November 16, 2008

Birthday 25

My 25th birthday was a bash I had never thought it would be. Had a desire that my friends be with me. Had hopes that I get surprises. And what turned out was something I had not dreamt of.

At 8:45 pm on 10th November, I got a call from an unknown deliver boy stating I had a parcel that had to be delivered late in the night. Had to be a cake, with the 'time' being specified. Thats when my brains started thinking... Who could it be?

A wait for almost 2 and a half hours let me knew who it really was. As thought, it had to be my friends. Rajat, Kapil, Rupesh, Vivek & Rohit kicked started my birthday with fresh flowers and a nice chocolate cake. It was really nice and with a stream of messages and phones, went off to sleep.

The next morning, got up and as usual sat on the table for the breakfast. Was told dad and mom had been to the doc for some tests. Was wondering what tests. As usual, was not really feeling so good, coz Kinjal had still not called or messaged. Generally this happens when either my friends are planning something 'special' or they just are too tired to call early. But, with her that was not the case, I thought.

Sometime later, the door bell rang and came in mom with this huge smile. For a moment I was wondering why was she smiling like that. And then the Signature Giggle that I heard instantly made me realize that Kinjal was here. I was shocked... surprised totally! This was her, in front of me, and all the unanswered questions were answered in the following moments.

Mom's hurry in doing up the home by the 9th, dad's blood test - that was actually going to the railway station and picking her up, her messages giving me the hope that she would come sooner, mom's out of the box desire to celebrate my birthday in 'style' was all coming to light.

Wow. All this was being planned from Dusshera and my family went on it totally silent about it. Not a wrod from anyone of them. 14 of them kept it a deep secret and I thought she was to come somewhere around 21st. It was indeed a great surprise!

Something that made it very special:

Kinjal's presence with my mum in law was definitely special. But what I realized that day was that I did mean a lot to a few people too. My colleagues at Studio f had planned to celebrate my birthday. A cake, some friends and of course an awesome gift. A plaque that read Jigar luvs Kinjal (for my room), a pack of 5 Ghazals and of course a Pen (something that makes me complete) was gifted to me and of course had all the fun possible that evening.

Went for dinner to a Chinese Restaurant called 7th Heaven on Race Course Road. On the 7th floow, this plac shows a part of Bangalore that goes totally silent in the evening and is buzzing with traffic in the morning, with glimpses of the Bangalore Turf Club and Kumara Park. A very nice setting, we had Chinese food with a major difference - Pure Jain - No onions, no garlic, no potatoes, no mushrooms and no carrots too. Was a good time explaining the chef what was NOT to be added than what was to be ;)

Cakes that I had:

I had the largest number of cakes during my birthday ever - 6 cakes in a single day.

1. The one that came from my friends in the mid-night
2. The one we made in the night - vanilla since my dad does not enjoy chocolate cake
3. A cake gifted by the Studio f friends
4. A cake that was planned by my family at home
5. A cake that came in from my bankers
6. A cake that was given on the house by 7th Heaven

I guess I had the best birthday of my life, not only on that day but went on till 5 days after that!

Now thats what I call a 'perfect celebration'!

:)

No comments: